Saturday, May 16, 2009

Breaker Breaker


"Breaker Breaker for the Bandit" - "I'm Tail Grabin Your A$$"


Heading out four wheelin' I figured I better pick up a squawk box, eBay has a bunch I like, I have my eye on the Midland 75-822 hand held unit with additional channel mods by Screw Driver, but at $140 and another $80 for a Little Will antenna I went with a Craig's List used CB. I like the Midland because everything is in the handset, and you can pop on a battery and rubber duck antenna and it becomes a hand held. This way if I have to leave the truck and go on foot, I have a way to communicate when I am far from home and possible out of a cell phone coverage area.


I grabbed up a 40 channel unit with a magnetic antenna, powered it up, popped the antenna on the roof and went look for some smokies. We called out for a radio check on channel one nine, then we headed for the interstate, called out on channel 28 for the road construction guys for a shout back, nothing. So then we scanned the channels and heard nothing but static, I realize the magnetic antennas hurts reception, but a 20 minute drive to a local Fridays restaurant and drive back picked up not chatter at all. I guess the Little Will will be purchased after I clean out my garage and sell off some old junk on eBay and raise the money needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment